Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:32:04 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        chip <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: wget doesn't get all files

chip wrote:

> I installed wget on a machine at work to use to mirror
> our web site (on a public isp) on the machine at work.
> I appears to work fine, but when it finished I tried to
> load the web page, but it couldn't find the style sheet.
> I looked in the directory and saw that it certainly did
> not download the basic.css. I have it set to mirror all
> files. Any ideas what I should look for to make sure it
> does in fact get all files (an exact mirror)?

To mirror a web server exactly, I use the admin ftp account to mirror it
recursively.

I.e. one of our servers is http://www.example.org/, to mirror it I just
use my admin ftp account:

wget -r ftp://ftp.example.org/path/to/server/directory.

I had no succes to get a complete mirrow via http, since wget is dumb
about flash, cgi's, servlets...

HTH
-Christoph Sold