Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 20:17:01 +0100
From:      mh@cs.tu-berlin.de
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-CURRENT vs. FreeBSD-STABLE: cvsupit package broken

Hi,

on the page
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-
stable.html you describe how to upgrade using "pkg_add -f
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/CVSup/cvsupit.tgz".

This does not work any more, the package seems to suffer from the cvsup
1000000000 second bug and the cvsup servers therefore refuse the
connection. Of course I know that this is not directly a documentation
bug, but I'm sure that you know better than me how to find out who's
responsible for that package ;-) .

Ciao, Matthias