Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 01:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netscape dumps core after XFree86 build

Hello,

On Apr10 I rebuilt the XFree86 Port with aout compatibility libraries
running current of Apr04.  Immediately following Netscape Communicator
would dump core with a bus error.

I'm not sure if this is relevant or not, but when it dumps core the core
file name is truncated.

cagey@vanessa$ netscape
Bus error
cagey@vanessa$ ll *.core
-rw-------  1 cagey  cagey  - 1425408 Apr 11 23:46
navigator-4.5.bi.core

and log output gives

pid 322 (navigator-4.5.bi), uid 1000: exited on signal 10

I installed linux-netscape-4.08 and it opens with bus error or signal 10.

I have rebuilt world early today, built flawlessy, but have not built XFree
as of yet.

Could I expect any difference from a rebuilt XFree?

I could supply requested data from ktrace or gdb though it should be
easy to duplicate the same.

--
Regards,
Kevin G. Eliuk