Date:      09 Aug 2002 18:56:03 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: graphics/mpeg-lib going away

--=-koSfzhpD7ZUmvioJLQeB

The graphics/mpeg-lib port is going away.  This port is abandon-ware.=20
The author has no interest in maintaining this port anymore, and it no
longer supports many of the new MPEG formats.  The only ports that use
this port are gimp1 and gimp-devel.  I have patches to allow them to
build MPEG plugins that statically link against mpeg-lib libraries.

The main reason we're getting rid of mpeg-lib is to avoid a name
conflict with KDE.  Both install a libmpeg.so.  They are incompatible.=20
I just wanted to see if anyone out there was still using mpeg-lib for
something other than gimp.  If not, I'll send it to DJ's locker.=20
Thanks.

Joe

--=-koSfzhpD7ZUmvioJLQeB

--=-koSfzhpD7ZUmvioJLQeB--