Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:56:07 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Duke Normandin <dnormandin@freewwweb.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail and DNS

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 12:58:49PM -0600, Duke Normandin wrote:

[snip]

> Would you know of a web reference that would explain the diff.
> between dns / reverse-dns. I'm also assuming that
> lookups / reverse-lookups refer to the same thing. Tia...

Yes and no. You need a different set of records to do reverse-lookups,
but the basic principles are the same.

You have an entry like,

  zone "57.177.205.IN-ADDR.ARPA" {
          type master;
          file "57.177.05.rev";
  };

In named.conf and records that look like,

  156      IN      PTR     scully.gothwolrd.com.

This.

As for docs, DNS is a tricky beast. I assume you've been to
www.isc.org?