Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:33:44 -0500
From:      nathan <beemern@telecom.ksu.edu>
To:        dyu@cdknet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: To enlarge a partition....

i'm actually preparing to do this exact thing.  my /usr is full also

i've bought a new drive.
gonna put it in, and create a new slice and mount as /usr_new
then, just copy (using technique of your choice) /usr to /usr_new

then, you can simply edit /etc/fstab and swap /usr_new for /usr
then reboot (or you can do the switch manually and not have to reboot)

that's it
i've done it before and its the most straightforward/painless procedure to
"resize" full slices (for me at least)

good luck!
nathan