Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 1999 00:17:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   BIND 8.2 Config

(Not FreeBSD specific, but part of the 2.2.x to 3.x upgrade process.)

I'm trying to be really clever converting an old named.boot into a
named.conf file. What is giving me grief is the new ACL option. I have
the following lines in my named.conf (the names and addresses
changed),

acl mynets {
        192.168.0.0/23;

# Global options
options {
        directory "/etc/namedb";
        allow-query    mynets;
        allow-transfer mynets;
};

Starting up on named chokes at the lines using the ACL, i.e., the
lines using 'mynets' in them,

Jul 11 00:05:14 backmail named[15097]: /etc/namedb/named.conf:16: syntax error near 'mynets'

Line 16 is the line number of the 'allow-query' line. If I comment
that out, I will get the same error at the 'allow-transfer' line. As
just something to try, I put double-quotes around 'mynets' in the
allow-* lines, and there was no change in the error.

I poked around a bit, but none of the docs I found for BIND 8.2
actually used the ACLs in examples.

Thanks for any help.