Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 2003 12:52:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        "Dr. Richard E. Hawkins" <hawk@slytherin.ds.psu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tweaking the wheel on a cordless logitech mouse

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Dr. Richard E. Hawkins wrote:
<snip>

> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"
>         Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>         Option      "Buttons" "6"
>         #Option     "Emulate3Buttons"
>         #Option     "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
>         Option      "ZAxisMapping"    "5 6"
>
> EndSection
>
> I've also installed imwheel, which is running.  But still no wheel.

<snip>

For what it's worth, I was never able to get my wheel working with
/dev/sysmouse. I use:

 /dev/ums0 (USB mouse), or
 /dev/psm0 (PS/2 mouse)

and it works fine with protocoal 'auto'. Note that I don't use moused or
imwheel at all.

HTH - JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg