Date:      Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:21:13 +0100
From:      Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Olivier Mueller <om-lists-bsd@omx.ch>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] PHP 5.3

Olivier Mueller ha scritto:
> Thanks for your great work!

Thanks for your appreciation.

> I guess we will have to use portdowngrade and/or add php to the
> HOLD_PKGS part of  /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf for some time ?

I think not upgrading all the php5-* ports will be the best thing to do,
so the latter.

> Or are there any plan for a lang/php52 branch as suggested by somebody
> on the list, for example as long it is supported by the php.net devs?

PHP devs already told me it will be dropped soon (probably just before
summer), so creating a port for a few months has no sense. Anyway I have
no plan for lang/php52.

> I know it is a complex thing: if you do not have time/interest to handle
> it, maybe somebody else could do it?

Anyone can do it, if it fits with my patch, doesn't create other 80
ports and works :-)

> I would be happy to help if
> possible...  Or if it is a money issue, I am sure my company (+ some
> others) could finance some part of the work over donations, bounties,
> etc.

If you are not satisfied by the HOLD_PKGS solution and are going to
contribute with donations, contact me privately with your offer.

--
Alex Dupre