Date:      Sun, 16 Oct 2011 05:38:14 +0100
From:      Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/149643: [rum] device not sending proper beacon frames in ap mode

Hi Adrian,

On 16/10/11 02:15, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Just look at what the mgmtrate is set to? It should be set to 1mbit
> for both 11b and 11g.

I've just managed to test this, but it seems everything was as it should
be.  An mgmtrate of 2 is chosen (1Mbit), and I've checked from another
device that this is how the frame is really transmitted.

I notice the malformed beacon frames have some extra junk bytes at the
end, too.  So the length *and* offset of the beacon header and payload
would seem to be wrong.

I'll keep adding debug statements until I find out what is changing when
11g mode is enabled.  I guess to do with the extra supported rates.

Thanks.
Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain