Date:      Tue, 01 Oct 1996 00:12:23 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org, Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
Subject:   Re: Matrox Meteor & Natoma chipset arg...

>From The Desk Of "Jordan K. Hubbard" :
> > Well, the saga continues . According to Omnimedia the  system lock up
> > problem is due to the Natoma Chipset and that the next rev level of
> > the Natoma chipset will have the problem fix. Well, thats all I have
>
> Any work-arounds?  Why does `tv' work and `vic' bomb?  That's still a
> mystery worth investigating, I'd think, given how many of these
> P6 system motherboards have been sold.
>
> 					Jordan

Well, I can't get any f*** clear answer from anyone other than both
Matrox and OmniMedia are pointing the fingers to Intel. Actually,
their case got re-affirm by at least OmniMedia claiming that the
Meteor and their card exhibit the same problem -- originally I think
Intel didn't pay that much attention to Omnimedia. Actually,
an OmniMedia,  Matrox Meteor hardware engineer or an Intel
hardware engineer involved with the Natoma chipset can step in
and clarify the issue . It would be awfully nice if Intel clarifies
the issue before the  press gets hold of this one --- that is if it is indeed a
Natoma chipset problem.

As to how to get your existing motherboard fix or your money back from
your vendor -- who knows . Intel : deny , silence , then announces new
chip revision 8)

Look I am way  out of my league in trying to analyze the low level
PCI protocol which tv and vic generates and yes I have taken a look
at vic & tv and there is still no software work around.

	Regards,
	Amancio