Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:53:22 -0700
From:      Simon Walton <simonw@lucent.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Subject:   Re: Modem on laptop...

Kevin Oberman wrote:

> > Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:55:42 -0700
> > From: Simon Walton <simonw@lucent.com>
> > Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
> >
> > Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > >
> > > THANKS! This is (or will be, once I get it down-loaded and installed)
> > > great!
> >
> >    You might want to make sure it works before you say that!
>
> Indeed. :-(
>
> It built fine as did linuxthreads. (I DO have full sources on my
> laptop.) But, when I tried loading it (the kld), I got the following:
> mwave0: <mwave> on isa0
> Mwave Modem, UART settings IRQ 0x3   IO 0x2f8
> tp3780::EnableDSP, pSettings->bDSPEnabled 0 failed
> Mwave Modem, ERROR cannot Enable DSP error 5
> device_probe_and_attach: mwave0 attach returned 5
>
> Both IRQ10 and IRQ3 are unused.

   It looks like that error just means the DSP is not enabled in
the BIOS stored configuration. My TP is dual boot so I just use the
windows configuration utility to enable the DSP, set its irq to 10, etc.
I'm not sure how you can do this without windows.

   To debug this sort of stuff you can turn on debug logging in
the files mwave.c and tp3780.c, and set the debugging flags in
mwave.h.

Simon