Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:11:34 -0600
From:      "Caleb R. Miller" <calebm@uspaceware.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: Adapting FreeBSD to be a RTOS

----------
What I was looking for was a version of FreeBSD that had preemptive multitasking such that processes can run at different rates and get preempted if they don't complete within the assigned time.  I did find a version of Linux that has a real-time kernel and that runs Linux as a process.  I was wondering if anyone had done a similar thing with FreeBSD or had modified the FreeBSD kernel to do preemptive multitasking.  The FreeBSD-small just seems to be trying to make the kernel as small as possible.

Thanks!
Caleb