Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:44:09 -0500
From:      Dan Ponte <dcp1990@neptune.atopia.net>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Logo Contest

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:28:50PM -0500, Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> was witnessed plotting the following conspiracy:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:56:31 +0800
> Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > this all sounds like a very stupid idea to me.
>
> Thanks!
>

> > This also sounds like the effort in the EU banning the swastika not
> > seeing that some two billion people using it as a religious symbol.
>
> Your conspiracy is over there ------->

I don't believe that is all that farfetched; indeed, Jun mentioned in
his "announcement" (as it was seemingly leaked) that it may offend some,
and I don't think that scottl's commit removing Beastie from the loader
menu speaks against it, either. FreeBSD has a long history of tradition
behind it; breaking said tradition in the name of political correctness
can only hinder.

--
Dan Ponte
http://www.theamigan.net/