Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 13:08 -0600
From:      "Brian McGroarty" <BMCGROARTY@high-voltage.com>
To:        "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-advocacy" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE:  Re: Marketing FreeBSD / FreeBSD as a pr

I'm not reacting to the supposed satanic tie. I could care less about that.

What I'm reacting to is that the silly cartoon character makes the packaging
look like Reader Rabbit, not a mature operating system product. Discounting
those already familiar with FreeBSD, if the intent is to sell this OS to
parents and Barney fans, nobody needs to change a thing about the artwork.

I didn't realize the UNIX trademark was -still- unavailable to FreeBSD.
That's painful and silly. I can't think of a modern OS that deserves the
label more.