Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:58:43 +0000
From:      "Weston M. Price" <wmprice@direcway.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBsd.org
Subject:   NFS Problems FreeBSD --> Solaris

Hello,=09
  I am attempting to mount a few directories from my Solaris machine(s) t=
o my=20
FreeBSD workstation. nfsd is clearly running on Solaris and the sharing t=
he=20
directories is not a problem. When I attempt to mount the directories on=20
FreeBSD I get the following error:=20

damascus:/usr/wmprice: RPCMNT: clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered

A simple ps -x | egrep shows that nfsiod is running

ps -x | egrep nfsiod

98  ??  I      0:00.00 nfsiod -n 4
99  ??  I      0:00.00 nfsiod -n 4
100  ??  I      0:00.00 nfsiod -n 4
101  ??  I      0:00.00 nfsiod -n 4

I have this configured to begin at startup.=20

So, what am I doing wrong? This would seem to me to be a pretty simple=20
procedure. Any help would be appreciated.=20

Weston