Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:34:04 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Walter A Gameiro <GameiroWA@c-b.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: .Net

----- Original Message -----
From: Walter A Gameiro <GameiroWA@c-b.com>
Sent: Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 08:27:41AM -0500
Subject: .Net

> This CNET article claims that Microsoft and Corel are working on a
> version of C# and .Net's Common Language Infrastructure for FreeBSD
> to be released sometime in 2002.

Yes, this has been discussed extensively on freebsd-chat and
freebsd-advocacy a few days/weeks back.

Take a peek at the archives for some very interesting opinions on this
topic :)

> Can anyone confirm or deny?

I guess, that until Microsoft confirms or denies something, makes
something available, or drops the whole idea, the rest of us can only
speculate on what is actually going to happen.

> Does anyone have any knowledge of this?
> Does anyone know where to sign up for a Beta trial?

I'm pretty confident that if and when Microsoft has something ready
for beta testers, they will make it available through their own
channels.  The -questions list is probably not the best place to ask
such questions :-/

-giorgos

PS: Please try to wrap your posts at 70-75 characters or so.
    They look much better that way :)