Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:52:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Certification ? Why not?

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Joshua Tinnin wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 December 2004 12:23 pm, pablo.delgado@lsi.mine.nu wrote:
> > Why not create a FreeBSD Certification Program. The community can
> > form an non profit or profit organization (which ever suites best)
> > and team (elected by the FreeBSD Foundation or the FreeBSD community,
> > which ever works best) to design, develop and manage a certification
> > program that will teach and test essential skills and knowledge
> > needed to manage, support or develop the FreeBSD environment.
>
> There is one at the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
> http://cpe.njit.edu/opensourceunix/

Thanks for the link. It is always good to hear about *BSD classes being
offered.

I don't see anything about "certification" or evaluating skills there
other than it says complete the three stages and receive certification.

It just looks like normal FreeBSD classes like I have been teaching for
around four years (which also have a "certificate of course completion").

Except they say "eLearning" -- my classes are in a real classroom
environment. (We do hope to soon start providing *BSD training with video
soon ... starting with Apache Web Server Administration.)

> It's the only one I know of, and it's the only one officially approved
> by the FreeBSD team. As that is the case, I'm sure more people doing
> this would be welcome, but I don't speak for FreeBSD or what they might
> actually want to have happen.

Where can I find out more about being "officially approved by the
FreeBSD team"?

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/