Date:      Sat, 01 Mar 2008 13:15:06 +0200
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   freebsd-update upgrade problem

Hi,

I have already upgraded a couple of machines from 7.0-RC1/2 to
7.0-RELEASE using:

freebsd-update -r 7.0-RELEASE upgrade

However, on this one machine, I get this:

freebsd-update: cannot open files/.gz: No such file or directory

I checked free space on the root partition, no problem there. I also
deleted and recreated /var/db/freebsd-update, to no avail.
I am quite baffled, the machine is more or less the same with the ones
that upgraded without a hitch. I googled for this and found essentially
nothing - two people having the same problem, but no answers.

Any ideas?