Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:08:36 -0700
From:      "Chuck Sumner" <csumner@omnisky.com>
To:        "'ScaryG'" <scaryg@sputnik.org>, "'Kurtis Smith'" <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Traffic shaping natd dhcp and ipfw

another option would be to use group option with dhcpd to assign different
blocks to different groups. then ipfilter to block outgoing access to
certian ports for certian
address space blocks.

or refuse to work for such an employer.

while i agree that lease length time may be a dead end road, its easy to
change:

from man dhcpd.conf

The default-lease-time statement

        default-lease-time time;

       Time should be the length in seconds that will be assigned
       to a lease if the client requesting the lease does not ask
       for a specific expiration time.

chuck