Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2019 15:12:12 -0800
From:      Devin Teske <dteske@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rebecca Cran <rebecca@bluestop.org>
Cc:        Devin Teske <dteske@FreeBSD.org>, Gavin Howard <gavin.d.howard@gmail.com>, "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GNU-compatible, BSD-licensed bc

<mailto:dteske@freebsd.org>) wrote:
>=20
>> Yes. -Weverything is the strictest I have ever seen.=20
>>=20
>> Often times I find that software cannot be compiled with -Weverything =
despite=20
>> passing -Wall -Wextra because some of the system/library headers fail =
checks.=20
>>=20
>> I've often considered a great accomplishment when I can pass =
-Weverything.
> =46rom https://embeddedartistry.com/blog/2017/3/7/clang-weverything =
<https://embeddedartistry.com/blog/2017/3/7/clang-weverything>; :
>=20
> =E2=80=9CClang helpfully provides a flag called -Weverything. Unlike =
-Wall, the -Weverything flag really will enable all warnings. This flag =
is especially useful if you are a warning lover - new warnings will =
automatically be enabled when you upgrade clang/Xcode.=20
>=20
> Turning -Weverything can be an eye-opening experience, even for those =
who religiously squash warnings. I often turn on -Weverything =
temporarily to review any of the less-common warnings and see what's =
worth fixing in my code base.=E2=80=9D
>=20
>=20
>=20
With few exceptions, I've made it the default for one of my latest =
projects:

=
https://github.com/FrauBSD/pkgcenter/blob/master/depend/libcmb/configure.i=
n =