Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:45:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Kurtis Smith <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I was wondering if Freebsd will run on the FIC-530+ MB with  P133Mhz and  EDO ram (I was having problems with AMD chip in there)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Kurtis Smith wrote:

> You have always helped me in the past and I am building another workhorse
> out of
> unormal peices this time.  I had some random reboots with 4.1 on the
> FIC-503+ MB
> with 64mbs of PC100mhz and a P133mhz.  However I tried taking out the ram and
> the video card to change them.  But still same problem.  I changed HD still
> same problem.
>
> I was wondering if there is a known issues with this MB or not it does ahve
> the VIA
> chipset its not with me here I am at work.  But any info is great!

I have two 503+ boards in service with K6-2 processors and had several
random reboots on one of them before I traced the problem to faulty RAM.
Since replacing the bad stick, I've had no other issues using everything
from 3.3-STABLE onwards. I'm very pleased with their performance and
stability.

-ac