Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2012 03:08:17 -0400
From:      "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Erich <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>, Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Subject:   Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD?

> On 05 June 2012 15:33:16 Mark Andrews wrote:
> >
> > In message <2490439.EC638TI0j3 at x220.ovitrap.com>, Erich writes:
> > > Hi,

> > > I did not know this. Do you have a link for this? I never read about it.
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html
>
> All of these, with the exception of HEAD (which is always a valid tag), only apply to the src/ tree. The ports/, doc/, and www/ trees are not branched.
>
> I understand this that I can use these tags on the FreeBSD sources but not on the ports.
>
> I never tried this on the ports.

I sent a long reply to your earlier message on freebsd-ports
explaining exactly this -- how each Ports tree snapshot has a version
number: the date spec.  Also, how a few special snapshots also have a
second version number: the release tag.  I also explained how to find
and use these, with and without cvs.  Am I wasting my time by trying
to answer your questions, E.?

b.