Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:44:25 -0500
From:      Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
To:        Alexander Motin <mav@alkar.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2-RC fatal trap 12

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:20:33 +0200
Alexander Motin <mav@alkar.net> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I get fatal trap 12 every time when mpd runned on my machine trying to
>
> recieve a new pppoe connection and doing some netgraph manipulations.
> Same configuration is working fine on 4.9-STABLE.
>
> I got something like:
> cpiid=0; apic id=00
> fault virtual address = 0x1C
> fault code = supervisor write; page not present
> code segment = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
> 	     = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1
> current process = 38 (swi1:net)
>
> After that system tryes to sync caches but hangs.

I meant tpo respond to this message initially.
fault virtual address = 0x1C looks very similar to the trouble people
have reported with 5.2-RC1 install kernel, and since you are able to
reproduce this error on your machine, where you can compile a kernel
with debug symbols, we are really interested in getting some more
information out of you :)

--
Alexander Kabaev