Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 1998 12:51:06 EDT
From:      "Roy Teahen" <teahen_r@cis.baker.edu>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3C905B-TX, 3C90X, NIC and vx driver

I guess I spoke too soon.  The cards will be found during the probe
and the vx driver will be loaded but once I configure the network
card the system will hang.  The card will not communicate with the vx
driver.  I noted on dejanews that a Ron was having the same problem
with the 3C905B-TX card with slakware, redhat, and SCO.  I am running
the 2.2.5 version of FreeBSD is there an updated driver or any
benfit to upgrading to 2.2.6 FreeBSD????  I have moved back to the
3C509 10BASE-T cards for now but would like to move up to 100BASE-TX.
Any ideas???????

Roy Teahen
Baker College