Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2001 17:22:47 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pm3-base port refuses to build

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, John Polstra wrote:

> It could be caused by an unusual environment variable, maybe.  Try
> building it like this:
>
>     env -i make install

That was it - thankyou. For anyone else trying this you may need:

env -i PATH=$PATH make install

so things like gmake are found.

The environment variable in question was MAKEFLAGS (yes such an obvious
suspect yet I didn't even think to see if it was set). I have it set to
-I/home/andrew/src/Makefiles - not sure why it broke things but I'll
remember to check it in the future.

Thanks again,

Andrew