Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:17:03 +0100
From:      Alexandre Vieira <nullpt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail help needed

Hello folks,

I'm trying to get past a standard in sendmail which is very simple.=20

I have several machines reporting mails trough local MTA's (sendmail)
in each one of the boxes to our main mailserver. The thing is, I did
not developed the scripts and they are using "mailx -s <subj> user"
which normally would try to deliver it to a local account in the
machine. So the question is: Can I, in any way, define that every
"user" passed on the mailx in every script gets resolved to
user@somedomain.tld and not to a local system account? We have
hundreds of "names" in the scripts, so aliasing doesn't work for me.

My current hack is defining DR and DS in the sendmail.cf to a static
hostname but that takes redundancy to our mail system since if the
main mailserver is down the backup mail server (higher MX) won't take
any effect.

Any help apreciated
Cheers