Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:30:46 +0300
From:      "Andrey V. Semyonov" <wilfre@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thunderbird + Mozilla Suite

Duane Whitty wrote:
>> Strange things... When launched from xterm (or directly from my WM's
>> button) /usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla starts mozilla binary normally.
>>
>> But after such a reconfiguration of TB when I try to open any link in
>> TB it prints "/usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla: Cannot find mozilla binary
>> executable. Exiting." into terminal from X is launched.
> I am not sure why it is doing that.  Please, do not take offense but
> have you checked
> to make sure you did not make any typographical mistakes.
> Another point to consider is that /usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla is probably not
> the actual mozilla
> binary but rather a shell script to start the browser.  Maybe you can
> find out what the actual
> binary is called.  It is probably similar to mozilla-bin, moz-bin, etc.
> Actually it will be mentioned
> in the script but beware though that calling it directly may not work.
Yes, that's a script. And a strange bug was actually in it. I've
commented out some checks in it and now it works fine. So, thanks a lot
for help.

> (Aside:  I thought the mozilla-suite built in email program was
> essentially thunderbird?
> I hope I was correct when I assumed you were using mozilla and not
> firefox?)

No, Mozilla Suit's mail programm is named 'mozilla-mail'. It's heir by
some shared code is Thunderbird (that's already explained yesterday).
Thunderbird's feature of RSS-reading is the most necessary feature that
caused me to use it (mozilla-mail can't read RSS-feeds). But as I
understand, Thunderbird is mostly compat-ed to Firefox and some kind of
moved away from Mozilla Suite project. That's why we have to do tricks
to make these same-family projects do well together now.