Date:      Sun, 04 Nov 2001 23:26:18 +0100
From:      Volker Sturm <v.sturm@gmx.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   defaultroute?

Hi,
I have a LAN with two FreeBSD 4.4 -STABLE machines. one is a gateway to
my isp. it works all fine.
I have put the DNS adresses from my isp in /etc/resolv.conf of the
machine on the LAN by hand. If I set its defaultroute to the gateway
machine, netscape will hang for about 3 or 4 mins. If I remove the
defaultroute everything is fine again (well - I cant get on the internet
then of course). Looks like netscape has a dns problem. Is there a way
to configure the machine correctly? Did I forget anything?

Regards,
Volker Sturm