Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:18:45 +0200
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request to mirror CTM

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote (2001/07/24):
> I am asking again if any of you mirrors will carry the latest CTM
> files.

And what about more systematic solution? If I'm correct, CTM on
ftp-master.FreeBSD.org is dead since May 1. I see two possible
solutions:

* Remove all development/CTM stuff on ftp-master.FreeBSD.org and
  we can mirror similar subtree from your server. Why not to copy
  accest list from ftp-master.FreeBSD.org to your server?

* Instruct ftp-master.FreeBSD.org to mirror CTM data from your server
  and all mirrors will automatically mirror it. If there is agreement
  about exact CTM time generation on your server and an exact update
  time on ftp-master.FreeBSD.org, it should not be very big problem.
  Servers not ready for CTM mirroring (disk space etc.) can exasily
  skip it.

(From the other side - there is some problem: We want to be as fast
as possible for any CERT updates. Any thoughts about it? Mirror runs
once a day seems to be not sufficient. Maybe more frequent updates on
CERT subdirectory would not put much bigger
load on ftp-master.FreeBSD.org?)

> I would rather not open it up for everyone, just for mirrors.  So if you
> are willing to mirror them, please email me, and I will open it up for
> you.

If there is not any systematic solution, ftp.cz.FreeBSD.org
should be ready too. Just to know, how many people use CTM...
Our server is loaded very very lightly.

> them to use CVSUP.  So if you could mirror CTM, you would be doing many
> people a good service.

We can wait after CTM is revived and then see transfer statistics
(http://www.FreeBSD.cz/stats/ :-)...

Sincerely.

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science