Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:44:02 +0100
From:      Angelo Turetta <aturetta@rainbownet.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Routing question (not strictly FBSD)

Sorry if this may be considered off-topic.

We are going to change our internet connection provider, so during the
migration we'll have two class C networks, and two leased lines. Of course
we'll be renumbering our servers as soon as possible, but that cannot be
done in a single step.

My router is a FreeBSD machine with a dual port ET-PCISync adapter, and from
the hardware point of view I have no problems.

Maybe someone can answer this question about routing software: is there any
way to determine which interface to route outgoing IP packets via, based on
source address of the packet itself?

Let me try to explain better with an example. Our servers have addresses in
the range 1.1.1.x, but will be renumbered to 2.2.2.x. Assuming the use of a
single router with two point-to-point interfaces called A and B, is there
any method by which I can send all packets originating from, lets say,
1.1.1.16 via interface A, and all packets originating from 2.2.2.32 via
interface B?

Copy replies to my direct address, I don't receive this list.

Thanks for any help.

Angelo Turetta.