Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2002 16:39:51 -0500
From:      "Jud" <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        fozekizer@attbi.com
Cc:        pdb2@u.washington.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, judmarc@earthlink.net
Subject:   Re: Re: regarding 4.7 stable

-----Original Message-----
From: "Charles Pelletier" <fozekizer@attbi.com>
To: "paul beard" <pdb2@u.washington.edu>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, =
"Jud" <judmarc@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:43:13 -0600
Subject: Re: regarding 4.7 stable

will the ports-supfile ONLY upgrade ports?
Charles Pelletier

Cvsup-ing the ports-supfile will only update the=20
sources for ports.  (This is obvious if you read=20
through the ports-supfile.)  You can then update=20
any port or all of them using the various means=20
described below.  (Note: after updating the sources,=20
cd'ing to a port directory and typing=20

make deinstall clean

may elicit the message that no such port is=20
installed.  In that case, cd to /var/db/pkg, find=20
the package name for your previously installed port,=20
and=20

pkg_delete [package name]

Jud