Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 1998 13:36:40 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -bugs mail doesn't get filtered anymore by my procmailrc

In the last episode (Jan 24), Christoph Kukulies said:
> Since the recent hick-up of the freebsd-bugs list
> my .procmailrc filter doesn't seem to work anymore.
>
> Does anyone know if procmail confines the header size to a certain
> number of lines. The header is quite large and the Sender:
> line is one of the last lines. This is my filter section
> for FreeBSD-bugs:

> * ^Sender: owner-freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
> * ^Sender: owner-freebsd-bugs@freeBSD.org
> * ^sender.*owner-freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
> * ^To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
> $HOME/Mail/mailing-lists/fbsd-bugs

I don't think procmail has a limit on the number of header lines it
looks at.  I've never had any problems, but then again I always filter
on the "From " header, which is always the first header line in an
email:

:0:
* ^From owner-freebsd-hackers@.*freebsd.org
| ./archive bsdh >> bsdh

Also note that procmail is case-insensitive by default, so in your
setup, line 2 is a duplicate of line 1, and line 3 matches anything
that lines 1 or 2 would match.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com