Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2007 19:14:07 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can cron e-mail HTML?

On субота 14 липень 2007, Daniel Bye wrote:
= So it's beginning to look as if your best bet is in fact to make your
= script handle sending the mail.

Yeah, seems like it...

= Not the cleanest solution, but one that will get your messages formatted
= exactly how you want them.

Well, I started looking into how much effort would it be to translate the
strings returned by libmagic(3)'s routines into Content-Type.

If it is easy enough, I could hack cron to analyze the job's output using
magic_buffer(3) and set Content-Type if anything recognizable is detected...

The translation is the difficult part :-( Instead of the standardized

	text/html

for example, libmagic returns:

	HTML document text

It is trying to be human-readable, while I need the machine-readable strings.

There is stuff on-line that does the translation, but it is in much
higher-level languages (like PHP), which think, hash-tables are free :-)

Oh, well...

	-mi