Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:02:06 +0000
From:      "Hendrix El" <el.hendrixx@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-i386@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with dell usb keyboard

Hi

I'm using desktopbsd 1.6 (6.3 freebsd release) on a Dell Inspiron 530
(there is no PS/2 port) and I have a keyboard problem.
When Dbsd starts load the keyboard controller atkbd0 and the keyboard
works fine with the console:

 dmesg | grep kbd
kbd1 at kbdmux0
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]

but when the boot gets to the kdm (kde) screen I can't login cause my
keyboard is blocked and any key work, there is no input of it until I
unplug my keyboard and plug it back again and then this is the output
of dmesg:

kbd1 at kbdmux0
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ukbd0: Dell Dell USB Keyboard, rev 1.10/3.06, addr 3, iclass 3/1
kbd2 at ukbd0.

I have tried to install pc-bsd and FreeBSD 7.0 release but and I have
the same result.
I have been looking for about it and I have found some similar but I'm
not very sure how to do it:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/bsd-17/freebsd-install-with-usb-keyboard-311089/

I looked at my BIOS "USB device settings" --> "USB controller" and
there are two options (Enable and Disabled) and two modes operation
USB (high speed and low speed), but nothing about USB legacy.

On desktopbsd, is there any chance to configure its kernel like on
Freebsd and disable aktbd (AT keyboard interface)?. Any other
suggestion?.

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry for my bad english.

Cheers.