Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:05:45 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Good Job, Thanks

> Last night I used the nfs mounted /usr/src & /usr/obj capability to build
> 4.7-RC on my dual 1Ghz PIII and installed it on my wimpy AMD-K6 300 this
> morning.  It worked flawlessly.  The alternative was to wait something
> like 3 weeks for the K6/300 (w/ only 64M RAM) to finish buildworld /
> buildkernel.

Would it really take 3 weeks? I have built world several times on PII
233 (albeit with dual cpus and 192 MB RAM) and it has only taken hours
(can't say exactly how many, but would guesstimate less than 8)

What you did is cool ofc.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Coffee -- n., a person who is coughed upon.