Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2011 09:39:27 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD64 with 9.0 PRERELEASE freezing/hanging without any messages

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 04:54:18 -0600, Jukka A. Ukkonen <jau@iki.fi> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone else noticed a similar odd behavior with AMD64 and 9.0
> prerelease (as well as RCs and betas)?
> On my 12 core (2*4162EE) the whole system just freezes quite often
> without any warning, without any messages being logged. Neither is
> there any panic message from the kernel. The system just suddenly
> hangs such that there is no alternative but to reboot using the
> reset button.

YES YES YES

This is happening right now on my little Atom based ZFS NAS and it's
driving me insane. 9.0-PRERELEASE compiled with Clang (don't think that
matters though). However, mine doesn't fully panic and recovers. It justs
completely freezes for like 5-10 seconds. Won't take any keyboard input,
doesn't show anything on console/SSH, but is still pingable. Crazy!