Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:23:25 -0400
From:      "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: how to increase RAID space

UFS/FFS probably wont deal well with the underlying "logical"-physical
disk size changing (bytes/section, number of sectors, etc.).  Even if it
was pure concatenation.

No, an LVM2/VxFS is needed.

Also, shops that can afford SAN and high end RAID tend to be able to
provision temp space to store media while they expand and re-create
volumes.

~BAS