Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:59:47 +0300 (GMT)
From:      "E.Rodichev" <er@sai.msu.su>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   setrlimit RLIMIT_STACK problem

Hi,

I need to increase maximum stack size above 64MB. The system
4.6-STABLE FreeBSD is configured properly, with

:stacksize=unlimited:\

in /etc/login.conf.

If I try to call setrlimit(RLIMIT_STACK, &rlm) with

rlm.rlim_cu = rlm.rlim_max = size; (with size > 64MB)

as a normal user, I get the return value -1 (an error). And it looks
correct. But if I call the same routine as root, then I get the
normal return from setrlimit (==0), but stacksize remains unchanged!

I.e. getrlimit reports 64MB, and nothing else. Any ideas? Is it a bug,
or I missed something?

Thank you,
E.R.