Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:33:19 +0200 (WET)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <eyurtese@turkuamk.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw or natd uses more resources?

Hi,

I have ipfw and natd configured. I wonder what is the reason that I should
put natd in the first line of my ipfw conf.

Because now I see my natd is using 12% of the cpu almost all the time and
plus of course it lets packets to be examined by ipfw. Isnt it better if I
put natd somewhere at the end of ipfw rules so only the packets which
survive the ipfw rules will meet with natd ?

What is the disadvantage?

Evren