Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 21:57:08 +0200
From:      Daniel Rock <D.Rock@t-online.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   GCC-3.1 Optimization -Os broken

Hi,

after a "make world" I noticed that my dialout was broken (NAT for UDP
packets seems to work but not for TCP). After a few tests I finally
found the bug: -Os compilation seems broken with gcc-3.1. I normally
compile complete world with -Os (instead of -O) (via CFLAGS=-Os in
/etc/make.conf).
I narrowed the ppp dialout down to libalias:
- recompile libalias with -Os => NAT broken
- recompile libalias with -O => NAT works again.

I know any other optimization than -O isn't supported but this bug
(either in libalias or in gcc) should be investigated.

Daniel