Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 03:17:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
To:        Tony Overfield <tony@dell.com>
Subject:   Re: Pentium II?

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Tony Overfield wrote:

> I think many of the benchmarks indicate this.

I wasn't interested in what you think as much as which particular
benchmarks indicate this. Feel free to provide references.

> It should be easy to agree that larger L1 caches have higher hit rates.

Sure. But the L2 cache in the PPro is running at the same speed as
the L1 cache in the PPro and the PII. Thus, I don't think that
having twice the L1 cache is going to make a lot of difference.
Feel free to show me the actual benchmarks that prove me wrong.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'