Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:13:00 -0700
From:      Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Good Job, Thanks

> > Last night I used the nfs mounted /usr/src & /usr/obj capability to build
> > 4.7-RC on my dual 1Ghz PIII and installed it on my wimpy AMD-K6 300 this
> > morning.  It worked flawlessly.  The alternative was to wait something
> > like 3 weeks for the K6/300 (w/ only 64M RAM) to finish buildworld /
> > buildkernel.

I must say I am surprised how seriously everyone took me.  I was joking
that it would take 3 weeks to buildworld on my slow AMD K6/300.  I have
receievd 6 or more replies stating to the effect "It doesn't take three
weeks, it took two days on my 386/25" or "it only took 30 hours on my
486/66".

I guess I got an answer to another question, which I didn't ask.  There
really are many people keeping old (ancient) hardware alive with a little
demon.

 - Mike Hogsett