Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:13:06 +0100
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre@albsmeier.net>
To:        Rob Babb <bsd-rbabb@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matrox G550 tv-out

On Sun, 10-Nov-2002 at 22:42:28 -0500, Rob Babb wrote:
> I have a G550 running on 4.7. I've installed the ports collection for the
> Matrox Power Desk, which seems to be working in KDE 3, but the tv-out
> settings are grayed out. I've tried getting help from Matrox's Linux help,
> but they say it's not supported on the G550.
>
> Does anyone know how to make the tv-out for the G550 work on freebsd 4.7?

TV-Out on the G450 and G550 is not supported under X11. Try to get a G400 DH
if you need TV-Out. That's what I did. Go to the Matrox forum and complain
there but be assured it won't help. They'll tell you that TV-Out under X is
not supported on the G450 and G550 but they won't tell you why. W.r.t the
G400 they are quite helpful.

The Matrox driver for the G400 is really good. It supports two real screens
:0.0 and :0.1 so I can use :0.1 as TV-Out screen with mplayer.

Another possibility would be to check the TV-Out features of the new
NVidia driver released recently.

        -Andre