Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 15:48:20 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        willd@telusplanet.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wrong reply address on previous message - Error compiling kernel - ioconf.o : Undefined symbol

On Friday, 19 February 1999 at 21:46:48 -0700, Will Downs wrote:
> This is my first time configuring a kernel. I get this error when I'm
> running "make" .
> Has anybody ran into this error before?
>
> ________
> ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_ieintr' referenced from data segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Here is my kernel configuration file
>
> options         "COMPAT_43"             #Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP
> THIS!]

Don't wrap lines.  This will cause config to complain, so I suppose
you've changed this since you ran config.

> <snip>
> device ed0 at isa? port 0x320 net irq 10 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr
> device ed0 at isa? port 0x340 net irq 11 iomem 0xd0000 vector ieintr

In the original, this line reads:

device ie0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xd0000 vector ieintr

You must match the device and the interrupt routine.  It's not clear
why you didn't comment out this line like you did most of the other
Ethernet boards.

Greg