Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 08:33:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      tom@tomqnx.com (Tom Torrance at home)
To:        proot@horton.iaces.com (Paul T. Root)
Cc:        osa@unibest.ru, tom@tomqnx.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: named question

Problem solved.
In my zone definition file for TOMQNX.COM, after all the valid IP definitions,
I now have
*   IN  A  205.150.43.253    # 253 will never exist

In the definition for 42.150.205.IN_ADDR.ARPA I now have
*   IN  PTR   undefined.tomqnx.com.

THis gives me the behaviour I want, plus defining all possible IP addresses
in my domain as valid in the in-addr.arpa domain for my system.

If I "ping garbage" I get "host is down" response with no dial being
forced for ijppp.

Regards,
Tom