Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 18:08:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      brian@mediacity.com
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, core@freebsd.org, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current SMP status inquiry

Steve Passe writes:

> My somewhat incomplete understanding of the status: SMP itself is
> fairly stable, runs on most MP machines it has been tried on, and
> is considered ALPHA level. It is capable of running "make world" on
> current without problem.

What about the evil FP exception/FPU support problem? The one that
locks everything up solid? I'd be happy to write up a description and
workaround, but it may be that others don't believe it exists, or that
it is simply a problem with my and a few others equipment.

--
Brian Litzinger
brian@mediacity.com