Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2014 09:08:16 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        Denny Fuchs <linuxmail@4lin.net>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keep 10.0-STABLE up to date on SPARC

Denny Fuchs wrote this message on Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 12:56 +0100:
> hi,
>
> I want to keep our old SPARC v215 for Icinga (Nagios) and installed FB 10 with ZFS RootFS. The most headache I have, is to keep FB up to date. I red some howtos, but - for example - cvsup is deprecated and freebsd-update isn't available for SPARC.
>
> So, I actually  use:
>
> portsnap fetch update
> portupgrade -a
>
> (is it correct?)
>
> But, how I keep the rootfs and kernel up to date?

iirc, svnlite is now part of 10, if not you can install the svn port and
follow:
http://www5.us.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/svn.html

to get the source, and then use the normal source upgrade instructions:
http://www5.us.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/makeworld.html

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579