Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:22:13 -0500
From:      "Isaac Waldron" <waldroni@lr.net>
To:        "Gustavo V G C Rios" <grios@ddsecurity.com.br>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: X11

> Great! It works, but i would like to use xdm, not startx.
> I did a similar configuration for xdm, and as you said before, any user
> can loggin from xdm, without any security.
>
> As i have no knownledge about PAM working, i would like some here point
> me the correct configuration on how to set it up with security.
>
> Better yet, point the source of documentation about it (PAM and xdm).
>
> Thanks a lot for your time and cooperation.

Well, you can start with "man pam.conf".  That should give you some help on
setting up the pam.conf file, as well as provide you some other places to
check for info on pam.  I don't use xdm myself, but I'm guessing that "man
xdm" would probably give you something to work with.

Isaac Waldron
waldroni@lr.net