Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:22:29 -0800
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   print/ghostscript-gnu breakage?

--==_Exmh_1257813761P

Latest in a long saga of release-building snafus:

One of the distfiles in the ghostscript-gnu port appears to be failing
its checksum:

tomcat:ghostscript-gnu% sudo make extract
Type "make A4=yes" if you want -DA4 for compilation.
===>  Extracting for ghostscript-gnu-7.05_3
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/ghostscript-7.05.tar.bz2.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gnu-gs-fonts-std-6.0.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gnu-gs-fonts-other-6.0.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gdevcd8.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/hpdj-2.6.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/pcl3-3.3.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gdevdj9.c.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gimp-print-4.2.1.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gdevmd2k-0.2a.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gdevalps-0.21.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gdev10v.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gs7.05-bjc250-v0.756.diff.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gdevlips-2.4.0.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/dmprt-2.01.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/epag-3.09.tar.gz.
>> Checksum mismatch for ghostscript/eplaser-3.0.4-651.tgz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gdevmjc-0.8.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/gdevnpdl-1.6.3.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript/Samsung-SmartGDI-all-GS.tar.gz.
Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file (/usr/ports/print/ghostscript-gnu/disti
nfo)
are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

I just re-updated my ports tree and re-downloaded the distfile in
question, same results.  A release build I started, using a CVS
repository about ten hours old, failed in the same way.  A release build
from 25 October built the docproj port and its dependencies without
incident.

Could some ghostscript expert look into this?  I'm kind of concerned,
since it prevents release builds that include documentation.  :-(

Thanks!

Bruce.

PS.  I probably have a distfile with the old checksum lying around
somewhere, but that doesn't change the fact that we need to fix this.

--==_Exmh_1257813761P

--==_Exmh_1257813761P--